Sunday, 21 February 2010

A&A Pontiac

I found time to sit down over a busy weekend and paint up the Pontiac. And now it's done my feelings on it are spectacularly...



It fails for me for two reasons - firstly I tried to do an understated car which frankly isn't really my style at all and secondly the bronze colour which looked really good when slapped onto the car's virgin flanks just didn't work well when drybrushed up. The bronze, the small areas of rusty metal, the sand base and the light earthy toned drybrushing just sort of blends into one big monochrome mass. Looking back at the photo of the primered stage I wish I'd kept the black as the basic colour. For what it's worth here it is anyway.





Oh well, it will do I suppose even if it doesn't even appear to pass the "three colours" rule. It's a long time since I've had a complete painting disaster so perhaps I was due one. :)

(I suppose I ought to drybrush that missed bit on the front wheel as well!)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you really needed one contrasting color there. It all seems to muddle together.

    ReplyDelete