Tuesday, 26 January 2010

White Dwarf 102 Cover

I'm sure that when Les Edwards painted this piece of Dark Future artwork back in about 1988 the intentions were all good and the worried-looking bald Renegade driver was supposed to look like a shaven-headed outlaw gang member...


...but every time I see it now I can't help but wonder what ex-Coronation Street actor John Savident is doing being chased by the Interceptor.

(I had to go the Daily Hatemail website to get that pic - suffice to say the keyboard and mouse were thoroughly disinfected with Dettol afterwards.)

Which then, of course, makes me wonder if Savident is trying to get away sharpish before somebody stabs him in the neck again. That's kind of the way my mind works.

1 comment:

  1. I've just fallen off my swivelly chair.

    Very, very funny.

    ReplyDelete